Under general supervision welds parts made from galvanized thin wall steel and/or black carbon steel, using MIG welding equipment as specified by layout, welding diagram or production work order. Produce strong penetrated welds that are smooth, non-porous and consistent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to square up and weld various geometries of components
- Understands various weld form symbols
- Ability to weld vertical, horizontal, flat and overhead welds
- Ability to accurately read tape measure and blueprints.
- Understand the process of prepping for finish by checking for pinholes in the weld, weld spatter on the part and eliminating sharp edges
- Ability to inspect finished product, parts or units for conformance to print and all clean up detail
- Maintain assigned area and equipment in safe and functional order.
- Ability to weld black carbon steel and galvanize components
- Achieve CWB weld certification
- QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- One to three years related manufacturing experience.
- Prefer MIG, TIG, Galvanized and/or Black Carbon Steel weld experience.
- Must be able to read, speak and write English
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to read and interpret basic documents, safety rules and other correspondence.
- Ability to count and ability to measure equipment using a tape measure
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read blueprints is a necessity.
Location/Region: Williamsport, PA