The Williamsport Bureau of Fire is looking for men and women to
apply to become a career Firefighter with the City of Williamsport.
If you are interested in becoming a part of our team then join us in
taking the 2019 Entrance Exam on Saturday, June 22, 2019.
Base Salary: $42,545.41
Health/Vision/Dental Insurance available
Paid Vacation and Sick
Pension Benefits and Life Insurance
* Be a Citizen of the United States
* Be a high school graduate or equivalent
* Be 18 years of age on or before the date of the Civil Service Exam
* Pass a written examination
* Pass a physical fitness examination
* Pass a medical examination
* Oral interview
* Employment applicant must successfully pass the following
* Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
* Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
* Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check
* Establish & maintain a residence within twenty (20) miles of the outer border of the City in any direction within 90 days upon
completion of his or her one-year probationary period
* Possess a valid PA driver's license or be able to obtain one within 90 days of appointment
* Successfully complete & graduate from the Harrisburg Area
Community College Fire Academy
Applications can be obtained at the Williamsport Bureau of Fire Office at 440 Walnut Street, Williamsport PA, from 10am to 2pm or online at www.Cityofwilliamsport.org under the Department of Human Resource. There is a $50.00 application fee, $55.00 to have study materials mailed (check or money order only) is due when
applications are submitted. Deadline to submit an application
is May 10, 2019 at 2pm.
If you have questions contact Renee Smith at (570) 327-1602.
The City of Williamsport is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
provided by The Williamsport Sun-Gazette
Location/Region: Williamsport, PA (17701)