Southern Tioga SD is accepting applications for a Full-Time Payroll/
Benefits Specialist (Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Process bi-weekly payroll for hourly and salary employees,
* Maintain time clocks management and make adjustments when necessary for PTO,***FMLA, and normal timecard adjustments
* Review and process wage garnishments, tax and direct deposit forms
* Assist with processing compensation adjustments
* Generate, review and reconcile payroll reports to ensure accuracy and completeness of payroll, earning statements, and deduction
identifies and resolve discrepancies.
* Process and submit all local, state and federal payroll reporting
* Generate payroll reports and audits as needed by the Business Manager
* Assist with new employee orientation
* Reconciles monthly benefit billings (medical, dental, life insurance, etc*)
1. Associates Degree in Business Administration/ Accounting or
discipline. School Business experience a plus
2. Minimum of 2 years payroll/benefits experience preferred
3. Knowledge of basic governmental accounting principles preferred.
4 Thorough knowledge of wage and hour laws.
5. Strong knowledge of Federal and State employment laws such as FMLA, ADA and other benefits such as Worker's compensation and
A successful candidate will have:
1. Ability to handle confidential information
2. Ability to communicate professionally, both orally and in writing
3. Ability to multi-task and remain organized.
4. Ability to anticipate problems and have strong problem solving skills
5. High level attention to detail.
6. Demonstrated proficiency with GoogleDocs, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, E-mail, etc.
Benefits include medical/dental, and life insurance/paid sick,
vacation and personal days. Salary negotiable.
Please apply online at:
by*January 30, 2019
provided by The Williamsport Sun-Gazette
Location/Region: Blossburg, PA (US - 16912)