PART-TIME ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION COUNSELOR - LYCOMING COUNTY,, PA
Position Summary: Administer group/individual counseling within the alternative education setting.
- Administer group counseling in an academic setting.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Teach socially acceptable behavior, employing techniques such as behavior modification and positive reinforcement.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet the needs of students with a variety of conditions.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records, and prepare reports on students and activities, as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Prepare, administer, and document student progress within counseling sessions.
- Meet with other professionals to discuss individual students' needs and progress.
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic issues.
- Employ special educational strategies and techniques during counseling to improve the development of sensory- and perceptual-motor skills, language, cognition, and memory.
- Teach personal development skills such as goal setting, independence, and self-advocacy.
- Utilize Safe Crisis Management when necessary.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or above in an area approved by PDE to administer counseling in Alt Ed.
- Credentials include: Certified School Counselor, Licensed Social Worker, Certified School Social Worker, Certified/Licensed Therapist, Certified Addictions Counselor (as appropriate), School Psychologist or Psychologist.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and access to a vehicle.
- Pass current, applicable clearances.
- Pass pre-employment, post-offer drug screening.
JusticeWorks provides alternative education services. Compass Academy provides alternative education programming for youth that is designed to develop skills which control behavior, enhance academic performance, increase school attendance, reduce drop-out, and increase graduation rates.
Location/Region: Williamsport, PA (US)